ABOUT OUR COMPANY
KerfCase is a small team of passionate designers and craftspeople who believe in making quality products to enhance the everyday. We started in 2013 making wooden iPhone Cases and have grown into the leading US manufacturer of wood phone cases and wireless chargers. Each KerfCase product is a custom work of art. Our products have been featured in many major tech publications, including CNET, Wired, TechCrunch, and the Verge. More about KerfCase
ABOUT THE ROLE
A successful Customer Success Specialist will be a multifaceted champion of our Brand, working closely with customers through a variety of communication methods in a steadily growing company. The Specialist will work to gain an understanding of our customers needs, and develop tactics and tools that focus on those needs. You will work directly with the General Manager and Owner, as a key member of a small team who are comfortable wearing many hats. Your primary focus areas will be customer service, social media management, inventory oversight, and when the need arises, basic production work. Kerfcase operates as a studio where opportunities to work with your hands are available to the entire team. If this sounds interesting, keep reading below.
- This role requires work on-site at our Pittsburgh location
- This is a full time, salaried position which requires working 9am-5pm, roughly 40 hours/week
- We are currently only allowing vaccinated people inside our office and shop space, in an effort to make our work environment as safe and comfortable as possible for everyone.
- Applicants will need to be fully vaccinated, and show proof of their vaccination status, before coming to the shop to interview. Masks are required while in the shop (this may change as case numbers in Allegheny County come down)
- The role is available to be filled as soon as possible for the right candidate. Preference will be given to candidates available to start within 2 weeks.
- Beginning with one-on-one training and shadowing the GM to learn more about company specific practices.
- Answering company emails on a daily basis while communicating with customers in a professional manner.
- Improving the current customer service workflow to implement better tools, FAQ, and processes.
- Working with the GM to ensure quality customer service, maintaining customer expectations, solving problems quickly and with a great attitude.
- Recognizing sales opportunities, working with the GM on corporate sales, and becoming an advocate for customers.
- Solving customer problems with empathy and have the ability to turn a problem into an opportunity to surprise and delight.
- Answering DMs on social media and replying to post comments
- Posting on Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms with regularity
- Strategically engaging with other brands and users to increase visibility
- Keeping track of inventory of materials in the shop
- Maintaining shipping supplies (folding boxes, signing certs, keeping up with inventory)
- Hand sanding and finishing of products.
- Keeping some in-house component materials in stock through cutting and assembly of sheet goods.
- Upon receiving in-house training, the ability to safely run laser cutters to maintain individual inventory of sub-components.
- Experience in a Customer Service, Customer Success, or retail role
- Experience managing customer expectations in a professional manner
- Understanding of Social Media platform basics and how to make effective posts
- Proficiency in Google Workspace products - Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Experience working within a small to medium team
- Ability to deliver work within limited time and hit deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly and operate without much direction
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience making things with your hands
- Knowledge of woods, woodworking, sustainability, or similar areas of interest.
- Early stage startup experience
- Knowledge of photography, design, and other applied artistic visual skills
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive Salary
- Health insurance stipend
- Annual “exploration budget” to feed your curiosity
- Flexible accrued vacation “take what you need” policy
- Complimentary KerfCase products for your personal use
HOW TO APPLY AND WHAT TO EXPECT
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line of “Customer Success Specialist”
Once you’ve applied, you can expect to hear back from us within 3 business days. If we think you might be a good fit, we’ll send you a link to schedule an interview with Ben and Jesse; if not, or if the position has already been filled, you’ll hear back about that too. We hate that feeling when you apply for a job and are left wondering because you never heard anything back – we won’t put you through that!
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to providing employees with an inclusive workplace where they feel safe and comfortable being themselves. All applicants will be evaluated on the basis of personal skill and merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity, political affiliation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics, and we encourage applicants of all ages and backgrounds to apply.